Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hosea 10:12

       Woke up to an unexpected and interesting encouragement this morning. I am currently doing a read-through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan (got about a month left) and it's been awesome. However, there have been many mornings where the Old Testament reading was just...hard to get through? Seemingly pointless or vague? Nevertheless I have continued to read all the way through, but to be honest I don't usually expect to find anything of personal or for-today significance. Well, I was proven wrong today :)

"Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you." 
- Hosea 10:12

       I find this a great encouragement in the first morning after the night I committed to begin this new journey. Yes, it is time to live righteous in ways I haven't before; a higher level of this living. Let steadfast, unfailing love be at the forefront of all that I do. It's time to ready the soil, break up the unreceptive places in my heart to receive new levels of Truth and understanding of who God is and how my life fits in His plan. It is time to seek the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, leave a message :)