Monday, February 7, 2011

The Beginning

       Tonight, I have come alive in ways I never knew before. I have grown up seeing people passionate about the Word of God, but have never felt that myself. Sure, I've spent lots of time reading it, but for obligatory purposes and not as much out of pure desire.

       Without going into detail, it is suffice to say that certain things are going on around campus here at George Fox University that are clearly perversions of Truth and the express Word of God. There is an ever-increasing air of "Christian universalism" that, along with the art-of-expression and make-your-own-religion worshiping Portland culture, is showing signs of going down a path that is NOT the straight and narrow path God has called us on.

       Tonight, God set a fire in my heart for Truth. Pure. Simple. Unadulterated. Truth. The black and white knowledge of who God is and what His purpose is for creation. To be honest, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. All I know is that there's a burning inside me that's never been there before, and I have never felt so Bold and ready to proclaim and suffer for the sake of Christ. Paul's words of his life being spent and suffering endured for the sake of Christ have never been clearer to me. I am beginning to understand the joy that comes from a Holy Spirit-filled life. A joy that remains whether everything goes right or wrong. The joy that sustains.

       The first step, I know for sure, is Prayer. Through prayer and spending time in the Word, I trust God will give me guidance and a direction for this passion to grow and pour out. Here it goes...

1 comment:

Thank you for reading, leave a message :)