Sunday, February 13, 2011

Perspectives - Weeks 1-5 - brief personal response

Purpose –
            In a world full of a humanity struggling to find purpose, it’s refreshing and comforting to know that purpose can be found in the will of God. I know I’ve spent plenty of time wondering what the purpose of so many seemingly pointless aspects of life is. I’ve never wanted this life to be all about me, because that doesn’t sound important enough. Now, a global crusade to win the world for the glorification of the Creator of all? THAT is something worth spending my life on.

Passion –
            “Passion is the heart set free to pursue that which is truly worthy.” I love it. Since the beginning of this course I have felt an ever-growing passion to completely abandon all my little hopes and plans and deny myself for the sake of Christ. How this will play out in my life…I have absolutely no idea. What I do know is, God is building a passion in me, a foundation of fire, and I’m excited (and yes, nervous as well) where it will take me.

Hope –
            Hopelessness is running rampant throughout the world, and is one of Satan’s most powerful weapons. Fortunately, true Hope is stronger and will prevail. The art of not losing said hope takes practice, as I’ve come to know, and I have a new-found desire to grasp and spread this Hope whenever and wherever I can. It is not a hope for marriage, children, close friends…which are all things that are good and I deeply desire…it is a Hope of salvation, eternal life, and the glorification of God in the fullness of all creation redeemed back to Himself.

Mandate –
            At last! Significance! I have come to realize that I am so small and insignificant, but can chose significance in Christ. To think that I have the opportunity to step into something of such incredible importance is both exciting and challenging. I have a LOT to live for and represent! I’ve also got a gracious and loving God that will guide me through it all. Amen.

Witness –
            “God arranges for his servants to display what they declare.” Whatever way this is to be implemented in my life, I say “Yes”. If I am to be a witness of Christ I must be LIKE Christ in everything I do. Hmm…definitely a work in progress. However, I believe God will continue to work in me, sharpening me more and more, making me a more effective weapon in His army of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, leave a message :)